Thomas E. Conine Jr., Owner
Tom Conine, Ph.D., is Founder, Partner and Co-Owner of TRI Corporation, an organization that specializes in corporate education, experiential leadership and simulation programs. The company is committed to helping clients develop their leaders, improve executive business acumen and enhance shareholder value. Dr. Conine lectures and is published internationally on corporate finance and investments. He is cited as the “Number One Professor” by members of the graduating classes of Fairfield’s Master of Science in Finance and MBA programs.
Current and former clients include General Electric Company (GE), Boeing, Microsoft and Praxair.
Dr. Conine’s corporate teaching and consulting spans North and South America, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, Australia, Middle East, Russia and Asia including the People’s Republic of China and India. He has consulted with the corporate audit staff of GE Capital Services on various theoretical valuation issues. His Instructor Guides, "Finance and Business for Engineering Analysis" and “GE Cash Management Workshop,” are widely used in the world-renowned GE Edison Engineering Program and various GE businesses. One of his Risk Assessment Cases has become the capstone activity of GE’s FMP Controls curriculum. Recently, he designed, developed and implemented Advanced Financial Management Courses at GE devoted to “Growth” and “Risk.”
Dr. Conine is an active case writer on topics such as Customer Economics, Risk Management, International Privations and Meeting Commitments in the Financial Framework of Variance Analysis. He co-authored the American Institute of Certified Professional Accountant's (AICPA) “Shareholder Value Creation.” He also co-authored the customized CG Risk series for GE, Boeing, Microsoft and Praxair. Dr. Conine served as a faculty member of Fairfield University’s former Executive MBA in Bank Management program.
- Founder, Partner and Co-Owner, TRI Corporation (current)
- Professor of Finance, Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University (current)
- Previous roles with the Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University include:
- Associate Dean, Director of Research
- Director, Master of Science in Financial Management program
- Chairman of Finance
- Adjunct faculty member with and consultant to General Electric’s Management Development Institute (Crotonville), since early 1980s
Accomplishments & Awards
- Dr. Conine received a Corporate Quality Performance Award from NYNEX recognizing his contributions to their Financial Management Growth Program (FMGP).
- His major achievement for Boeing includes customizing a "Critical Thinking" Seminar for their Commercial Aircraft and Integrated Defense Systems businesses.
- As consultant for Marketing Corporation of America, Dr. Conine evaluated the accuracy of sections of financial software entitled, “Managing Your Money.”
- Consulting contributions to General Electric (GE) include:
- Development work on “GE Growth Engine”
- Cost of capital analyses (domestic vs. international comparisons) for Corporate Treasury
- Educational/theoretical “Valuation” development for the Corporate Finance Group (GECS), and
- Standardized “Cash Flow Model” development for Commercial Finance (GECS)
Advanced degrees from New York University include:
- Ph.D., Theoretical Finance and Statistics
- Masters in Philosophy and Honorary Degree in Business
- MBA, Specialty in Finance
Dr. Conine maintains residence in Easton, Connecticut and Miami, Florida.